Интегрированный урок - семинар по теме
“Who are We? The Friends or the Enemies of the Planet?”
Данная работа - взаимодействие четырех предметов: английского языка, истории, географии и информатики. Использование ИКТ дает возможность сделать английский язык ближе, понятнее для учащихся. Дети вносят в составление презентаций свою долю творчества, свое видение данной проблемы и ее решения. В ходе работы дети применяли знания, полученные на уроках истории и географии, подбирали наглядный материал, а затем использовали его в презентации.
Форма организации учебного занятия: интегрированный урок (английского языка, истории, географии и информатики); использование групповой формы организации учебной деятельности.
Триединая задача урока.
Образовательная: совершенствовать работу в творческих группах; совершенствовать лексико-грамматические навыки говорения, навык аудирования; обучить учащихся необходимым навыкам использования средств ИКТ по английскому языку.
Воспитательная: формировать у учащихся нравственные качества личности, взгляды и убеждения, чувство уважения к окружающему миру; познакомить учащихся с последствиями влияния человека на природу, экологическими проблемами, которые необходимо решать на современном этапе; систематизировать и обобщить представление учащихся об окружающем мире с разных точек зрения – глазами историков, экологов и представителей международной организации, занимающейся охраной окружающей среды.
Развивающая: развить творческие способности и информационно-технологические навыки при взаимосвязи изучения английского языка, истории, географии и информатики; развить познавательную активности детей, умение рассуждать и делать выводы, основываясь на полученных знаниях и собственном опыте.
Оборудование: ТСО - компьютер, мультимедийный проектор, аудиозаписи песен, видео клипа, презентация Microsoft PowerPoint; рисунки детей с изображениями последствий деятельности человека (прошлое, настоящее, будущее их глазами); раздаточный материал “10 Rules: How to Help the Earth”; карточки с заданиями; глобус.
Вступительное слово учителя. Сообщение темы и целей урока.
(Звучит первый куплет песни «Трава у дома» ВИА «Земляне»)
Teacher (T:): «… как сын грустит о матери,
грустим мы о Земле – она одна …»
We’ve got an unusual lesson today. It will be a kind of journey to the past, present and future of our Planet. Environmental protection is a great concern nowadays. And our aim is to answer one question: “Who are we? The Friends or the Enemies of the Planet?” You can see three groups here. They are: “The Historians”, “The Ecologists” and the members of “Greenpeace”. It is the ecological society, you know.
“The Historians” will tell us about “Man’s life in the Past”, “The Ecologists” will present us the most urgent ecological problems, “Greenpeace” will discuss the ways of going out of the difficult situation.
During the lesson you should full fill the table which can help you to answer this question. Be careful, please. Listen to your reports attentively.
Доклады участников конференции.
“Man’s life in the Past”
T: Well! Let’s start. We begin our conference with the first group “The Historians”. They tell us about the relationship and contradictions between people and Nature in the pastime.
(2 доклада) См. Приложение 1.
T: The second group is “The Ecologists”. The members of this group are going to report about the ecological situation in the world and in our settlement. We’ll learn about global problems we are facing today.
(Доклады экологов об основных экологических проблемах) См. Приложение 1.
T: Before “The Ecologists” present their point of view I’d like to show a video. It is Michael Jackson’s “Earth Song” and the girl’s translation of it.
(Слайд 12) - видео Michael Jackson - «Earth Song».
“How to Help the Earth.”
T: We have learnt about the main ecological problems. We are doing harm not only to Nature but also to our own health. What should we do to change this dangerous situation? It seems to me that the members of the environmental group can help us.
(Доклады представителей международных организаций, занимающихся охраной окружающей среды.) См. Приложение 1.
T: And now answer the questions:
“Who were we in the past?”
“Who are we in now?”
“Who will we be in the future?”
Подведение итогов урока.
T: So, who is ready to answer the main question?
Group1: We were the friends of the Earth many years ago.
Group2: We are the enemies of the Planet now.
Group3: We will be the enemies of the Earth in future, if we are not following these rules.
(Раздают листовки с 10 правилами, которые должны соблюдать люди, чтобы быть друзьями планеты Земля.) См. Приложение 2.
T: I’d like to present you “10 rules”.
I hope you like our lesson and learn a lot of interesting things. I want you to follow these rules and then our Planet will be beautiful and clean. And people will be kind and healthy. See you later, good-bye.
1. The term "ecology" emerged at the end of the twenties century as one of the most popular and most important aspect of biology. The word comes from Greek "oikos", meaning "household, home, or place to live".
2. Man appeared million years ago. But he was able to change the environment of the Earth. Nature was the source of Man’s life in ancient times. For thousand of years people lived in harmony with environment. They took things necessary for life only. They worshiped for Nature because they were afraid of its whims such as drought, fires of forests or unsuccessful hunting. All of this could lead to starvation.
3. Interrelations between the humans and their environment cause a lot of problems nowadays. And the most urgent problem is an ecological one. Man like any other living organism depends on what Nature provides: water, oxygen, food and shelter. On the other hand all sorts of human activity make the environment unhealthy. The contradiction between man and Nature are dramatic. The main problems are: air pollution, water pollution, safety of nuclear and hydraulic power station, radioactive and other poisonous materials, disposal of wastes.
4. But with the development of civilization man's interference in Nature increases. It seems that natural riches are unlimited. Man considers that he is stronger than Nature and he doesn’t depend on it. He even decides to subjugate Nature with the help of technique. Large cities with thousand of smoky industrial enterprises appear all over the world. The products of their activity pollute the air, the water, the ground. It leads to destruction of forests and to disappearance of many animals, pieces of fish, birds and plants. The situation is serious.
5. Every year world industry pollutes the atmosphere with about one million tons of dust and other harmful substances. Pollution is hanging like a brown cloud over large cities. Dirt and smoke are pouring from cars and factories. Pollution spoils the air we breathe, and it harms our health. Many cities suffer from smog. They have dirty air. It smells bad and it looks ugly. Pollution is a health problem because it's hurting people's lungs.
6. The pollution of the world's ocean is the result of man's careless interaction with Nature, a sign of ecological crises. But human beings ignore and misunderstand the importance of oceans. Some factories produce liquid wastes and dump them into rivers and lakes. This problem includes oil pollution which causes great damage of coasts and wild life.
7. During the last two centuries due to the development of industry human has transformed the environment radically. Satellite observations of the Earth have revealed that sixty per cent of land surface is damaged by industrial and other human activities. The world has over nine million square kilometers of forests. There are a lot of trees and also a lot of different species of trees among them. But they can disappear. Every day we see paper and cardboard have been made from wood. We see different kinds of wood which are used for furniture and others. Every year over one hundred square kilometers of forest is so badly damaged. And all territory of forests on the Earth will be destroyed in fifty years.
8. Animals are only food and fur for many people. Fur is still a part of the way of life. Fur trade is one of the oldest businesses in the world. Fur is a symbol of luxury wealth and success. For others it's a cruel and stupid business. The industry gets fur in two ways. The first way is getting it from hunters who kill wild animals. The second one is getting fur and food from farmers. They keep animals in special farms and then kill them. It is very cruel.
9. Chernobyl', Ukraine, 1986. The greatest disaster in the world. The problem facing the nuclear industry is the storage of nuclear wastes which remain toxic for seven hundred to one million years. Safe storage for geological periods of time is problematic; meanwhile nuclear wastes accumulate, threatening the integrity of the environment. Radiation and other poisonous materials present health and safety problems.
10. Ozone layer is a region of the atmosphere that shields the Earth from the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun. In the 1980s scientists found that human activity effected badly on it. It was damaged by the increasing use of industrial chemicals which were used in fridges, air conditioning, packing materials, aerosols sprays. Nowadays no life can survive without this layer. There is a growing ozone hole above Antarctica. It can increase skin cancer and cataracts, reduce immune system responses, interfere with lives of plants and animals.
11. Litter is garbage like food, paper and cans on the ground. It is a big problem not only in small cities but also in big towns. People don't care about environment. They drop papers and something like these everywhere, but not in the rubbish bin. It makes cities look dirty and ugly. Rotten food and garbage attract birds and animals which often carry many diseases.
12. We live on the Earth. This planet is our home. We want it to be clean and new. We want to see blue sees, green trees, clear sky. We want to breathe clean air. If you care about your planet don't make it dirty. Don't leave plastic bags, bottles, cans, papers in the streets, parks, forests and on the beaches. Pick up the litter if you see it. Remember that the future is in your hands!
13. Can we save “Life”? Can we save the quality of life necessary for future generations? When we are sick we try to take care of ourselves. There is nobody who can take care of the Earth that is sick because of our action. Can we do something? Yes, we can! We are the only life form that is able to destroy out life support system. But we are sensible beings and we can maintain life on the Earth for many generations to come.
DON’T POLLUTE THE AIR, THE WATER, AND THE GROUND!
DON’T BREAK BABY TREES!
DON’T DISTURB WILD ANIMALS!
DON’T DRAW OR PAINT ON WALLS OR TREES, PAVEMENTS!
TAKE LITTER HOME!
KEEP THE COUNTRY TIDY!
PUT RUBBISH IN A RUBBISH BIN!
WHEN YOU HIKE, LEAVE THE PLACE CLEAN!
GROW AND WATER FLOWERS AND TREES!
BE A FRIEND OF THE PLANET!!!