7TH FORM (Unit1) 1
Listen to teenagers talking about their families. Then mark the statements as T (true), F (false) or NS (not stated).
1) Natalie is 14 years old.
2) She lives alone.
3) She drives a new black car.
4) She works at a fast-food restaurant after school.
5) She wants to become a nurse.
6) Her father is a pilot.
7 )She has got a dog.
8) Natalie likes going to the church.
9) She likes to play football.
Read the following text and mark the statements as T (true), F (false) or NS (not stated).
He Enjoyed Sightseeing in Paris
Once an Englishman came to Paris and stopped at a hotel.
First of all he sent a telegram to his wife, telling her the address of the hotel, and then decided to see the town. He left the hotel and walked along the street. He passed several blocks, then turned to the right and walked along another street. He crossed the street and turned to the left. He liked Paris very much. In every street there was something interesting. He walked a long time, crossed many streets and turned many corners.
It was already evening and he wanted to go back. And only now he realized that he had lost his way. He did not remember the name of his hotel or the street in which the hotel was. He tried to remember what turnings he had taken and what the streets he had walked along but he couldn’t. Wandering along the streets he saw many hotels but he couldn’t find his one.
What was to be done? It was already late and he was tired. The Englishman went to the nearest hotel he saw and took a room there. Before going to bed he sent another telegram to his wife. The telegram said, “Send me my Paris address. ”
1) Once an Englishman came to New York and stopped at a hotel.
2) He didn’t send a telegram to his wife.
3) He had lost his way to the hotel.
4) His wife came to Paris too.
5) He didn’t like Paris.
3. 1 Underline the correct word.
1 She says that playing computer games (is/are) interesting.
2 She (is/am) nervous when she (has/have) exams.
3 Can I speak (to/with) Claire, please?
4 I tried my best and took (part/place) in the World teenagers’ competition.
5 We (were/are) out of luck yesterday match.
6 He always (help/helps) his nephew with his homework.
7 I (am answering/is answering) the questions of the quiz now.
3. 2 Put the words in the correct order to make sentences.
- old/ The/ across/ river/ the/ broken/ was/ builders/ by/ bridge.
- party/ arranged/ by/ students/ the/themselves /The/ was.
- police/ the/ phoned/ Terry’s / Dad.
- stolen/ The /was/ somebody/ bike/ by.
- me/ understands/ Nobody.
Полную информацию смотрите в файле.